Buffett's Blog

Random Thoughts from an expert on everything!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Superbowl Poll


The results are in for The Superbowl Poll that I decided to to run with a few people I know. There were 16 people that responded and the winner is the same as the latest Vegas Line:

Indy - 9 votes to win
Bears - 6 votes to win
Edmonton Eskimoes - 1 vote (poor Rolo).

* Edit - late vote for Bears by Todd Record gives them 7.

I will provide a few of the reasons and comments I recieved in doing this poll"

- JJ, "Bears will win - how can I go against a team that once had William "The Fridge" Perry on it. You do know that I was his role model right?"

- Ev Walsh, "Defense wins Superbowls .... Chicago has the better defense ... Final score Indy 27 -- Chicago 10"

- Tony Walsh, "Bears will win ... b/c Payton can't win the BIG ONE"

- Eddy Spagetti, "Grossman sucks ... AFC is better ... Bears win 24 - 21"

- Tricky Dick, "Colts will win handily"

- Todd, "Bears will win. I was late voting b/c I wanted to see who "The Greek" took. I had to go with "The Greek" b/c he is the best"!!!

- Special thanks to Kerry Hartley in participating. It has been a couple of years since I heard from her and she included a provocative picture of herself for my eyes only.
However, she is so certain that the Bears will win that she said, "Jimmy the Colts do not have a chance in hell of winning. I am so certain that The Bears will win that if they don't I am giving you permission to post the pic I sent you on your blog".

- Finally, Jimmy "the greek", "I am picking The Bears b/c all the pressure is on Manning. Manning has to be great for them to win. On the other hand Grossman doesn't have to be great for The Bears to win; all he has to do is be average and not make to many mistakes. I think that Grossman will be average and Manning will choke it up (it is a big game and the pressure is on - we know his history) so this battle of the QB's goes to Rex and Bears win 45 - 13!!!"

**** For my readers in Labrador City - PARTY AT THE HIDEAWAY ON SUPERBOWL SUNDAY. Come watch the game: great specials on beer and food and great prizes to be given away. Come early and get a head start on the drinking - rowdiness is encouraged. Doors open at 12:00 PM AST. SEE YOU THERE !!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger TreeBob said...

What you're not posting all the comments! You post

Tricky Dick, "Colts will win handily"

but not mine! You suck Buff...

;)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger jimbuff said...

Sorry Treebob I only posted a small selection.
Because it is your Birthday, here is Your comment:

With Chicago’s D and Manning being hurt, Chicago should beat them no problem. Look for Gould to kick a few and Bernard Berrian will snag some key long passes.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger TreeBob said...

I will blame you for the Chicago loss. If you had posted it properly it would have come true! See ya in 4 days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma