Buffett's Blog

Random Thoughts from an expert on everything!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!"
"The Greek" is back once again this season for his weekly football picks. I considered retirement but on top of my free entry into the pool for doing these picks, Ev racked his big head and also decided to give me a $100.00 bar tab at the hideaway to continue sharing my expertise for the lesser knowledgable people in the pool. Now on to the picks for opening week:

- Miami over Pittsburgh. Most people reading this might think that I am crazy to go against the reigning champs but most people are fools. In 7 of the last 8 years the champs from the previous year lost their opening game - "Superbowl Hangover".
- Carloina over Atlanta. The only athlete on the planet as overrated as Micheal Vick is Bode Miller.
- Tampa Bay over Baltimore. When two shitty teams play always take the home team. I have as much interest in seeing this game as I would seeing Celine Dion in concert if the doctor told me I had 24 hours to live.
- New England over Buffalo. Buffalo are terrible and deserve to be after letting Doug Fluttie go a few years ago when he was just reaching his prime.
- Cincinnati over Kansas City. Chad Johnson's rain dance after his first touch down will leave the Chiefs more disorganized than normal.
- Denver over St. Louis. Jake "The Snake" is back baby and ready to DDT the Rams.
- Cleveland over New Orleans. The Browns have a better team.
- Tennesse over The Jets. The Jets are as insecure as a Ferrari in the bronx with keys left in the ignition.
- Philly over Houston. There is only one winning team in Texas and it is not the Texans.
- Seattle over Detroit. Detroit has as much chance of winning this game as Lance Bass does of not being gay.
- Chicago over Green Bay. Ev Walsh's head alone would make a better O-line than what the Packers have.
- Dallas over Jacksonville. Duh!!! Some picks are just no-brainers and do not need an explanation.
- Arizona over San Francisco. They are called the 49'ers because it has been 49 years since they were good.
- Indy over The Giants. The only two athletes more overrated than Eli Manning are Bode Miller and Micheal Vick.
- Washington over Minnesota. I visited Washington once and had a great time. I was never in Minnesota.
- San Diego over Oakland. "Eddy Spagetti" did this pick for me and he added that, "Rolo is an idiot to go for Oakland". I personally do not see what going for Oakland has to do with it. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you have started off on the right foot for the football pool!!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger jimbuff said...

It's only one game into the season - I won over $700.00 last year and never had every game right then either. Good to hear from you again - I tried to bait a comment out of you a while ago when Tony got into a ball hockey fight but you did not bite. Keep in touch - you have my email also. GO COWBOYS!!!!
Jim

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very tempted to comment on that one but bit tounge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma